Monday, August 17, 2009

Hate.


hate (hāt)
transitive verb hated hat′ed, hating hat′·ing
to have strong dislike or ill will for; loathe; despise
to dislike or wish to avoid; shrink from to hate arguments


I had to touch on this subject because so many of us experience this ugly word called hate. Whether it be because you've got yourself together and people are hating on you, or maybe you have a fabulous new bag that everyone is lusting after. You may simply be a smart beautiful woman and people are just hating....... well because they wish they had themselves as together as you do. Either way, hating is never ever cool, and it is never cool to put someone else down.

When you hate on someone you are usually jealous of the accomplishments the person you are hating on.

As a young professional woman in my early 30s I have come across of a lot of hating from my co workers, my peers, friends, family and even random birds on the streets. Everytime someone hates on me it makes me want to work harder to achive what I have set out to accomplish! My problem is that so may of these professional haters put so much negative energy out there sometimes it is hard to overlook. I am not perfect nor do I claim to be-I am grateful everyday for the many blessings I am giving each and every day and I try to live my life in honesty & love, because in the end that is all that matters. Those who throw the negative energy out there are simply misereable people who have nothing going on but to rain on someone elses good fortune. For those people I feel bad because being a hater will never get you anywhere.
Here are a few steps I follow in my life in achiving ANYTHING I do:


  • Review your overall progress regularly. *Make sure you are making progress. If you are not making progress, tap into the support of loved ones, analyze why the goal is not being met. Don’t allow the goal to just fade away. Figure out what you need to do to accomplish it. Check the prior five steps starting with an assessment of how deeply you actually want to achieve the goal.*

  • Establish times for checking your progress in your calendar system. *whatever it is: a day planner, a PDA, or Blackberry (my choice)one or a hand written list. If you’re not making progress or feel stuck, don't let your optimism keep you from accomplishing your goals. No matter how positively you are thinking, you need to assess your lack of progress. Adopt a pessimist’s viewpoint; something will and probably is, going to go wrong. Take a look at all of the factors that are keeping you from accomplishing your goal and develop a plan to overcome them. Add these plan steps to your calendar system as part of your goal achievement plan.

  • Commit to achieving the goal by writing down the goal. *The discipline of writing something down is the first step toward making it happen* (this is simple enough)

  • Make a plan for the path you need to follow to accomplish the goal.*Create action steps to follow. Identify a critical path. The critical path defines the key accomplish-ments along the way, the most important steps that must happen for the goal to become a reality.*

  • Visualize yourself achieving the goal.*If you can’t picture yourself achieving the goal, chances are – you won’t.*

I wake up every morning and thank God for all that he has giving me, I visualize myself having a a good day and accomplishing my goals. I also never forget to thank the people that hate, that always have a negative word to say, or that simply try to put me down with their negativity. With out these people what would keep me/us motivated? What motivates me is to prove those who have doubted me, the birds who always look at me with their beedy lil eyes jealous of all I have been blessed with and simply knowing that I want to be the best person possible at whatever I do.

On that note, pray each and everyday for those haters, because in actuality they keep us motivated.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks doll! It is time we educate our fans as to how we do thangs.

    ReplyDelete