Wednesday, January 6, 2010

To Make Resolutions or Not??

What are your New Years Resolutions? Do you make any? Do you follow them to till the end or do you often find yourself giving up on them after only a week. I have made a few myself.....and I want to no scratch that I WILL keep them.
  1. Loose the extra 10 lbs or so that I have been meaning to loose all yr but never do. I actually started this one about a wk before the New Year, just so I wouldn't feel forced to eat better and step up my workout game. So far I've lost about 4 lbs. Very proud of myself, but I am also making a lifestyle change, so eating healthier and and working out are just the first step. I have to keep myself motivated because I don't want to become bored or even loose the stamina I have right now to loose the weight.
  2. Travel more. Simple and straight to the point. I have been fortunate enough to do quite a bit of traveling, and I am not talking about going to Miami or Vegas(which by the way I have never been to Vegas and have no desire to do so) I have traveled to Europe(which is where I eventually would love to live, preferably London) I have done France, UK, Italy, Lebanon, Greece (and 10 islands in Greece), Turkey(another favorite City of mine is Istanbul), Spain(another favorite and where my lil sister lived for 2 yrs) Portugal (which I found quite boring but beautiful architecture). I've also done the usual Caribean Islands, but as I get older I find myself wanting to experince more than just laying on the beach with a tropical drink in hand. I want to see the way people in other countries live, the way they eat, the culture(you get the idea). Don't get me wrong I do love to sit my ass on a gorgeous beach tan all day and get drunk on the beach. On my list of places that I would like to get to this year: Australia, Amsterdam, Brazil, Argentina, & Chile. I haven't visited South America and look forward to doing so.
  3. Buy property. Can't stress enough how important it is for a young woman to have her finances in order including having property in her name, not as a co signer or 2nd owner but a property that has your name and your name only. This year I am striving to buy a condo.
  4. Leave NYC. I know, how can I want to leave this wonderful City? I was born and raised here, this is where my friends and family are! This City has given me everything I have ever wanted, but its time to move on and live a slower pace of live, a different life where I am not on the subway for 3 hrs a day getting to and from work or paying high rents for the little space you get in this City. don't worry Babies, I will nto be going to far (at least not yet anyway). Maybe Connecticut or Jersey? We'll see.
  5. Continue my education. When I say continue my education I mean taking classes in things I LOVE to do, like fashion and hobbies(pottery classes, maybe a sketchign class at the New School in Soho, a cooking class) Doing creative things that you enjoy I believe opens up a whole different world for people!
  6. Overall just to be more happy and smile more. We sometimes get caught up in our lives that we don't take the time out to smile or just simply enjoy the simple things in life. For me its how much I love my daily walks thru SoHo in the evening walking to the subway. The hustle and bustle of people, the tourists, the wonderfuil smells from the food carts and all the beautiful things I see around me. That makes me happy and smile. Playing with my dogs makes me smile. Sitting at the Starbucks on Hudson St. drinking my chai latte makes me smile. If we all took the time to do the things that truly makes us smile we would be so much happier and we would all appreciate our lives and those around us so much better.

What are your Resolutions for this year? Share them with me, would love to hear from you.

Here are a few tips in KEEPING your resolutions:

  • Be realistic
  • Plan ahead
  • Outline your plan
  • Reward yourself
  • Track your progress
  • Don't beat yourself up
  • Stick to it
  • Keep trying

Good luck babies! I know you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment